Search Engine Optimization has become one of the primary factors in success of any website or blog and so we should invest some time in learning a few Google SEO Tips. The no. of blogs/sites on the Internet has increased to such a great extent that making your website stand out is becoming difficult day by day.
So, as the title says, this article will carry only those SEO tips which are advised by Google. These tips will help you to get some love from Google and attract organic traffic.
Matt Cutts from Google always say these 6 things:
- Content should not be thin but of quality.
- Title tags and meta tags must be proper.
- Social signals are very important.
- Make quality links and link to quality sites.
- Google bots must not find errors while trying to index your site.
So here we will discuss these points elaborately:
1. Content is always the King!
You may take lots of advices from SEO gurus, apply all the tips, but the prime factor that can lead it to success is the ‘Content’. Having good content is the most important criteria for any search engine while ranking your website. So make sure that the content you generate is plagiarism free, easily understandable, genuinely helpful and informative.
Google wants what readers want. So if you can fulfil the demands of the searcher then that means Google will love your blog and will rank you higher.
Follow these general guidelines:
- Do not stuff your content with keywords as it will look suspicious and fake to Google. Maintain a healthy ratio of 1%-3%.
- Do not rewrite any article. Look up for the top ranking articles in Google for the topic you want to write about and come up with even better piece of content.
- Follow Google’s self-defined criteria for generating and posting content.
2. Title, Tags, Images and Description:
The title of your articles should always be catchy and searchable. This should be able to attract people from social sites and search engines. Again, use of tags and description is also important as Google check them to make idea on what topic your content is.
Do not write titles that don’t reflect the actual content contained in the body of the article.
Use Meta tags in your articles as well as in the embedded images. Try optimizing images.
Make sure that Meta tags are related and you do not over-optimize the content by adding too many tags.
Make sure that meta description is engaging as this also appears on the search engine pages.
Do not target more than 2 or 3 keywords for a single article.
3. Maintain Healthy Social Profiles:
Social Media has become the most popular medium for people to connect and communicate online. And lots of website owners and bloggers drive traffic from them. People also share the best things on social sites. And so Google takes Social Media as a signal to rank sites higher. So optimizing your social profiles is one of the most important Google SEO tips.
If a person with 200 friends on Facebook hits the like button on your content, it guarantees that you will get at least 4 or 5 more views on this article. With a catchy title and good content, this can make your content go viral and give you thousands of views.
Use the following tips for social media sharing:
- Make a website page on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.
- Post your updates daily at a time when maximum users are expected to be online.
- Engage with your customers or readers as much as you can to get more recognition.
- If you want to share multiple links, share them with a suitable gap of at least 30 minutes.
- If you expect a post to get many comments or likes, also post it on sharing forums like Reddit, Pinterest and Stumble Upon.
4. Make Links to, and from Reliable Websites:
Backlinking was just becoming a very spammy work. Many were creating link farms to earn money which has no value. Google thus released updates like Panda and Penguin to kick them off. With time Google has become intelligent and now it can distinguish between a natural link and an artificially created link. My suggestion is to build links with out of the box ideas.
Follow these tips to get the best results from backlinks:
- Try to put the link into an article rather than sidebar so that only 1 page points towards your site.
- Try not to do reciprocal linking as this is sometimes viewed as spammy by Google.
- Choose the anchor text to be one of the keywords your website is targeting.
- Always link to or link from quality sites which have relevant content and good authority.
- Nofollow sponsored links or link ads so that PR juice doesn’t flow to the other site.
5. Use Responsive Theme or Create Mobile Website:
Many bloggers are willing to spend a lot of cash to make an attractive website but they do not care about its mobile version. According to recent surveys, the number of search queries via mobile devices is increasing rapidly. Tablet PCs and large screen mobiles are making more and more people view your mobile site and if you haven’t prepared it well, you are going to lose some following. People browse very differently on mobiles and PCs so do not think that the PC version will suffice. You will have to develop a separate mobile site that is user-friendly and targeted towards mobile users.
Some important points are:
If you’re running a WordPress blog then use plugins like “WP Touch” to get a mobile version of your site.
And if you don’t want any hassles or plugin work then you can just apply a genesis theme which is responsive across all devices.
If you run a site the you can use apps or services which can create mobile versions of your site. Try Ginwiz and Langoor.
6. Work with the best SEO Optimization Tips.
Above all the Google SEO tips there are tips which people follow to keep their site ahead of others, and this part is completely essential and you also need to work a lot. But it’s not that hard. It’s very easy, or we can say that it get’s easy with experience.
The most essential tips are:
- Do keyword research with Adwords tool to find best keywords to target.
- Pick up the highly searched and low competitive keywords.
- Use Plugins like WordPress SEO to work on On-page optimization.
- For more features and better optimization use premium plugins like SEOPressor.
- Comment and guest post on authority blogs and link from them with your anchor text to target and rank for the keyword.
Search Engine Optimization may seem to be a very expensive and difficult process but if you try to look at it more closely, it is a very simple process. You just need to learn the Google SEO tips and work with them to rank higher on SERPS and attracts more traffic to your blog or website.
If you are starting a new business, then you can try using AdWords and Pay Per Click Programs to advertise your business. This will give your website a quick start.
I hope the simple Google SEO tips mentioned above will help you make a great improvement to your website.