“Time is the biggest factor in building a successful blog. You can never get success in a day or become famous over night. It’s your continuous works that will bring success to your life. Making a blog is easy but developing it and turning it into a successful blog is real hard. A blog always needs some sufficient time to become popular and gather a readers base. But sometimes it takes more time which it wouldn’t have taken if you would have followed some important points. And this post is all about that.” -Avi
Sangram, one of our new guest authors will tell you how to get a successful blog in a short span of time.
Whenever we launch a new blog the most important thing is to promote it in a daily basis and use correct techniques. If you don’t promote your blog and the articles then no one is going to find it. There are many thing you can work on in order to promote your blog.
Key factors to get a successful blog in a short span of time:
1) Relevant sharing:
- Sharing or promoting your blog in relevant places.
- Targeting like-minded people only.
Writing relevant tweets or status is the most important thing. Many people make this kind of mistake which can hit you back resulting in that many people will unfollow you on twitter or ignore your updates. Writing relevant tweets and status is directly proportional to getting more no. of readers. Sharing articles on social networking sites is key to getting more traffic. However, that doesn’t mean that you need to spam.
2) Content that goes viral:
- Writing content that goes viral, what people actually want.
- Writing list posts or post which has some real and successful experiments.
People love to share articles if it’s worth of sharing. You might have seen articles on StumbleUpon getting up to “100K Thumbs Up” as soon as it is posted there. So it’s very important to write content which can go viral in no time.
3) Building reputation for blog:
- Helping people on forums (Leaving a sign is must).
- Giving credit (No sarcastic comments).
- Giving useful suggestions.
Earning reputation for a blog takes a lot of time. However, if you follow the simple points given above that will surely help you because many of the other bloggers don’t do that as well.
4) Giving people a reason to love your blog:
- Building relations with your readers and increasing engagement.
- Solving your reader’s queries or providing the answers to their questions.
I should have mentioned this earlier but as you know, we should always respect our readers because, without them we are nothing. So whenever any one asks you a question as a comment on your posts it’s very important to reply back. If you follow these simple technique people will love to keep coming back to your blog.
5) Submitting articles to best directories and guest blogs:
- Good directories like DMoz.org can help you to get more love from google.
- Guest posting in authority site will help you in many ways.
This comes under link building. Submitting articles to high quality directories can help you get indexed in search engines in no time. Guest blogging on good blogs can helps you to earn links and also a good readers base.
6) Writing consistently:
- Searching for new blog ideas and writing about it.
- Posting articles in a regular manner.
Consistency is the key to a successful blog and blogging career. Many would agree with me over this. Writing consistently will result into more people coming to your blog. Readers should get some new posts to read from time to time.
I hope these techniques will help you in the long run of your blogging career and make a very successful blog.
photo credit: tricky (rick harrison)