Today we are going to talk about something which can be very beneficial for companies and new startups. We are going to talk about automated marketing systems and we will talk about it’s benefits as well.
According to wikipedia,
Marketing automation system refers to software platforms designed for marketing departments and organizations to automate repetitive tasks. Marketing departments, consultants and part-time marketing employees benefit by specifying criteria and outcomes for tasks and processes which are then interpreted, stored and executed by software, which increases efficiency and reduces human error. Originally focused on email marketing, automated marketing refers to a broad range of automation and analytic tools for marketing.
What is it’s use?
The use of a marketing automation platform is to streamline sales and marketing organizations by replacing high-touch, repetitive manual processes with automated solutions.
The systems can vary in effectiveness and functionality, so it is helpful to have guidelines identifying what is needed for the best ROI and effort required to implement such automation.
Choosing the right marketing automation system for your company can determine the success of its marketing campaign.
There are two primary ways to choose a marketing automation system:
- You can do your own preliminary research and then choose a vendor or you can approach a reputable provider and take advantage of his experience to discussion options and make a decision.
- Either way, you want to focus on choosing a software program and a provider best suited to the business of the company and its unique goals.
Be clear about your expectations both in terms of results and of the relationship with the provider. Check out vendor references to make sure they have a track record of ongoing consultation with clients to ensure an efficient and smooth implementation.
Basic Characteristics of a Successful Marketing Automation System:
An effective marketing system is always focused on the prospect. Everything known about a lead is used to understand their needs and wants. Then, it is easier to deliver exactly the right information where and when it is needed in order to help the prospect make an informed purchase decision. A good system is able to adjust to changing needs and additional information about the leads.
Features of a Good Marketing System:
The marketing automation system is the tool used to help generate, nurture, classify and evaluate leads. Typically, automation systems feature the following:
- Email marketing functionality, commonly including an easy to use capability to create emails and newsletters, group delivery and reports on email performance, the creation of customized landing pages as well as forms registration to capture lead information; sometimes personalized email and customized dynamic content capabilities as well as strategies for email testing is included
- A lead management database is a most important marketing asset, and commonly included along with an ability to track online behavior, ability to deliver client relevant campaigns, as well as alerts to the sales team of potential leads; sometimes other types of information are made available, such as prospect information being fed into sales campaigns and the revenue requirements of moving a lead through stages to a final sale
- Capability of tracking the management and effectiveness of a marketing campaign across various channels; sometimes social marketing functionalities are included
- Reporting and web analytics provides the capability to measure the impact of marketing efforts, and basic prebuilt and custom reports are typically available; sometimes more detailed and specific reporting functions are included as well
- Some marketing systems include capability for managing the marketing resource to improve efficiency or to manage security or infrastructure capabilities
Choosing a vendor and the right marketing system will help you to generate prospects and satisfied customers. Automated marketing can provide excellent return on your investment. It certainly has the capability of generating significant new revenue for your company.
Here is an infographic on how to become a superhero marketer with a marketing automation system:
Embedded from Pardot